The Alcatel-Lucent IP Desktop Softphone is a windows application installed on an agent’s PC as an alternative to a “hard” desk phone. This fully integrated telephony solution emulates the IP Touch 4068 IP Phone and provides PC users with quicker and more user-friendly access to telephone facilities, helping businesses optimize their agents’ productivity.
- VoIP Protocol provides voice communications on a PC
- Availability anywhere the user is able to connect to the Customer IP network
- Personalized user interface
- Identical display and key functions to the Alcatel-Lucent IP Touch 4068 IP Phone
- Up to 15 different ring tones
- Telephony supported by any CTI environment
- G.711, G.723.1 and G.729 codecs are supported
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniDesktop 4980 Softphone is an advanced PC telephone application that manages communications and information by linking the desktop PC and voice calling. On the PC side, it seamlessly integrates with the most popular workgroup applications. For voice-path, it can either use the employees’ regular telset automatically, or it can provide its own IP telephony functionality through the PC with a voice-component plug-in. The 4980 can connect directly to the OmniPCX Enterprise and is also fully compatible with the OmniTouch 8400 Instant Communications Server (ICS). The Alcatel-Lucent OmniDesktop 4980 Softphone…
- Increases mobility: All features are available whenever the PC has network connectivity
- Helps organization: Includes call planning, notes, post-its, notifications and access to messages and mail
- Enhances a PC with the full range of Alcatel-Lucent’s OmniPCX Enterprise telephony features including corporate phonebook directories, onsite cellular, phone set management and voice mail
- Can be used with digital sets, IP sets, analog sets, DECT/PWT, cellular, other off-site phones, or its own VoIP media path
- Features call logging management, call hold, call transfer, conference, speed dial keys, number tones code sending and call identification
- Accesses Alcatel-Lucent 4635 voice and fax messaging or Alcatel-Lucent Unified Messaging, plug-and-play integrated with groupware and business applications, dial-by-name corporate directory LDAP-compliant, multi-lane call handling and context-sensitive softkeys
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8600 My Instant Communicator (My IC) is more than just a Softphone. It is the client application for Alcatel-Lucent 8400 Instant Communications Suite and has interfaces for PC, mobile smart phones and IP desk phones. It provides all the services offered by the 4980 and Web Softphones, and also integrates other advanced SIP-based Unified Communications features such as Instant Messaging, Presence, and Video Calling. The Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8600 My IC additionally incorporates all other communication features such as Messaging services, One Number routing services, Multimedia Conferencing, etc.
My Instant Communicator is a great solution for end-users having to deal with an increasing volume of communications: phone calls, voice mails, text messages, faxes, emails, instant messages, and web, voice and video conferences. The Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8600 My IC provides an innovative solution to the difficulty of managing and optimizing the multitude of various enterprise communication options on the market. As the world’s first integrated, multi-media, multi-session and multi-device unified communications client solution, the Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8600 My IC creates a homogeneous experience across different devices and channels.
The Alcatel-Lucent PIMphony for OmniPCX Office is a high-level, full-featured phone system that operates directly on a user’s PC. Integrated directly into the office environment, this solution can easily be adapted to meet various user needs. Because all PIMphony software can be used to transform a multimedia PC into an IP terminal, this software is particularly cost-effective for remote and mobile workers.
The PIMphony software releases are:
- PIMphony Basic – PIMphony Basic provides users with standard telephone functions directly on their PC. All features, including dial-by-name, transfer and conference calling can be managed with a simple click of the mouse. The application registers and tracks data such as caller identity and call date duration.
- PIMphony Pro – The enhanced features of PIMphony Pro are ideal for salespeople or employees who manage significant call volumes on a daily basis and require advanced computer integration. PIMphony Pro synchronizes with contact manager software and supports unified messaging (emails, voicemails and faxes are stored in the email box).
- PIMphony Team – PIMphony Team is designed for team communicators such as operators and assistants who manage multiple lines. Collaborative features optimize call management and facilitate the supervision and tracking of workgroup activity.