The Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8128 wireless LAN (WLAN) handsets provide a convenient and practical on-site mobility solution for any business environment. The handset is equipped with IEEE 802.11a/b/g standard radio support so that businesses can choose the Wi-Fi implementation that best addresses their need for application segmentation, interference mitigation and user density.
The Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8128 WLAN handset extends the capabilities of the OmniTouch 8118 WLAN handset to include a color display, hands-free operation, real time location system (RTLS) support and push-to-talk capabilities for workgroup communications on Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX communication servers.
Features and Capabilities
- Infrastructure investment protection (compatible with 802.11a/b/g radio networks and WLAN infrastructure standards)
- Delivers business telephony features throughout the workplace, contributing to improved end-user responsiveness and productivity
- Enhanced durability (shock, vibration, liquid and dust resistance)
- Support for both existing Alcatel-Lucent 300/600 DECT handsets and 310/610 WLAN handsets on existing infrastructures
- Support for wireless security: Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA and WPA2) and Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP)
- Increased autonomy: Up to 15 hours talk time
- Leverages the Wireless LAN for voice and data applications
- Delivers high voice quality using standardized 802.11 quality of service (QoS) on OmniAccess™ WLAN infrastructures
- Supports seamless handover based on the OmniAccess WLAN infrastructures and over-the-air software upgrades
- Provides direct access to dial-by-name and speakerphone functions